comments

Okay, so after looking at the polls and the comments you guys have left me, I've decided to compromise and put both chapter links and the entire story into 1 page. It'll take a bit of time before the rest of the books are condensed into 1 page, but I'll try to do them ASAP.

(15/6/2012)

Wednesday 23 May 2012

Book 4: Move 4 – The Fourth Move to Slay a Dragon: “Gather your minions.”

*Disclaimer note: This is merely a translation of the original Chinese version. I do not claim any part in the creation of the original story.


 

Earlier on, whilst the unicorn and the Frost Knight were casting their spells, I had a voice in my head that said…… I could do that too! Be it an ice wall or a lightning bolt, I felt that I could cast them all. And if what my gut feeling is telling is true, then I should quickly gather the elements while the Frost Knight is still slowly making his way over and sneak an attack on him!

The moment we made it out the gates, I shouted at my other three teammates. "Don't go along that route; don't follow me!"

They stopped at that and turned back to look at me.

I didn't bother letting the unicorn slow down and rushed past them. As I passed them, I shouted, "Hurry! Go!"

"He didn't even bother to stop!" Caecilia cried out unsatisfactorily. "And here I felt touched when I thought you were going to head on alone to draw away attention from us! Hmph!"

"If I stop now, I'll end up in jail! And you guys better start running if you want to avoid going to jail too!" I shouted back at them.

Sure enough, that got them running again, but in different directions this time.

Just as they had dispersed, I spied the Frost Knight coming up from behind. He looked completely unharmed, with not even a speck of dust on him. But I wasn't disappointed, for I hadn't been aiming the lightning at him in the first place. I was actually aiming at the shield formation holy knights. Well hey, they made an easy target, keeping stationary in their positions like that. It was as if they were asking for someone to throw an attack at them!

The Frost Knight paused for a moment before ignoring the other three and heading on in my direction.

"Run, unicorn, run! Run the fastest you can run!" I urged when I saw him hot on my heels.

The unicorn neighed excitedly in answer and started putting on speed. It was now galloping so fast I could hardly keep my eyes open. But that's alright. I'll just close my eyes then. Not like I actually need to keep my eyes open to see anything.

With the unicorn galloping at such high speeds, I started to relax a little. It's impossible for anyone to outrun such a fast beast…… unless a dozen ice spikes suddenly appear out of the ground in front of the beast, of course.

An ice spike had suddenly shot out from the ground, but the unicorn nimbly avoided it and made a sharp veer around it. But then another spike shot up a few steps away from us. Again, the unicorn successfully avoided it.

Looks like it intends to battle it out with the Frost Knight; it's pretty good at avoiding all the attacks, and we may still have a fighting chance to escape successfully – if I don't fall off first, that is.

"Damn horse!"

I threw a few healing spells at my sore rump as I roared angrily after the creature, "Have you forgotten that I'm not actually glued to your back?!"

The unicorn came to an abrupt stop and looked back at me, but it did not walk back. Instead, it cringed and look between me and the Frost Knight hesitatingly, as if considering changing riders…… Damn shitty horse!!

I had just healed my butt and was about to march over and discipline my wayward unicorn when a shadow fell over me. I looked up only to see the Frost Knight's frozen face looming right above me. He reached down and tore off my face mask.

I'm dead!

I paled as I awaited my doom, but then noticed that the other's expression, too, had changed…… huh? So his facial muscles hadn't frozen stiff after all?

For the first time, I saw an expression on the Frost Knight's face. He was looking at me with surprise…… an opening!

'Attack! I don't care what spells I may or may not know, but I have to attack now!'

"What are you doing here, S-"

The Frost Knight had asked in a disbelieving voice, but stopped abruptly before he could finish his sentence, staring at me with wide eyes.

A flash of inspiration shot through my mind and I flung out my hands at him as I shouted out, "Chains of Darkness, restrain all enemies of mine!"

Large amounts of dark elements shot out from my hands and swiftly formed into a dozen black chains – chains formed from dark elements compressed and moulded into shape.

I don't know if it was because the Frost Knight had never come across such a situation, but he looked baffled.

Well, whatever the reason, I made full use of the opportunity his slow reaction gave me.

The chains wound around him from his feet upwards, winding around his entire person and even sealing up his mouth – I didn't wish for him to cry out and attract the holy knights chasing after us.

Just then, he finally came to his senses and raised his holy popsicle to start slashing away at the dark chains.

'Did you think it would be so easy?' I sneered inside before crying out, "Unicorn, hurry and attack – if you dare to disobey, I'll tie you up as well!"

The unicorn immediately rushed over at my threat and started gathering holy elements at its horn. I had never seen so much holy elements before, so thickly gathered together that I could hardly bear to 'look' at it for long. And all of these holy elements were blasted out at the Frost Knight. However, this 'attack' merely managed to stop him from hacking through the dark chains. The guy looked perfectly fine.

"Stupid!" I shouted. "Do you not see that he's full of 'light'? What do you think attacking him with light elements is going to do, scratch an itch of his? Use attacks of other elements!"

In answer to my 'teachings', the unicorn reared up and screamed at the heavens. The sky above us was suddenly covered with dark heavy clouds, with flashes of lightning streaking through the skies. At another scream from the unicorn, the bolts of lightning began striking down heavily on the Frost Knight without stopping. Once again, the Frost Knight had to stop slashing away at his chains to defend himself. Again and again, he had to gather ice elements to form an ice barrier above him to block the lightning bolts raining down upon him.

In a surprise move, I dispersed the elements in the ice barrier - thus breaking it up - and before he could react, the lightning bolts finally managed to hit him.

One bolt, two bolts, three…… yet he still held on and refused to collapse. He was facing me through it all and seemed to be looking at me whilst he refused to give up and kept trying to gather ice elements to him.

Unfortunately for him, his gathering abilities could not match up to my dispersing abilities, and so he was unable to form another ice wall. In the end, he could only depend on that energy thingy that enveloped him…… Ah! I remember now, that energy is called Frenzy.

The unicorn kept striking down bolt after bolt, until after some time had passed, it slowed and then stopped. It then turned to look at me.

"Is that it? You're out of stamina already?" I rolled my eyes at it scornfully. "How useless. Are you really worth five thousand gold coins?"

And with that, I turned back to look at the Frost Knight. Up in the skies above us, even greater and stronger lightning elements was gathering – not by the unicorn, but by me.

'We're running out of time. The holy knights are sure to catch up to us soon, so I need to knock him out quickly, once and for all!'

The lightning bolt struck down.

The Frost Knight raised his head and looked up. For some strange reason, he actually dispersed the Frenzy protecting him…… and allowed the lightning bolt to him. He only managed to stay up for a second before collapsing.

That really startled me, but thankfully his heart was still pumping; he was just unconscious.

I walked over and picked up the fallen popsicle before giving a light kick to its unconscious owner. When I saw no reaction, I finally relaxed and wiped the sweat of my face.

I was worried that even with the unicorn and I together we still wouldn't be able to defeat him. But thank goodness it's now over.

However, I couldn't fully rest at ease without tying him up with several more rounds of the Dark Chains, not stopping until I had him wrapped up like some monstrous black cocoon.

Just as I had finished with him, I heard numerous heavy footsteps from behind. I hurriedly put back on my mask, covering my face just in time before the knights reached us.

I gave a cold laugh and slowly placed the popsicle to its owner's neck (although I had a bit of a hard time finding his neck – too many chains.)

"Don't come any closer if you value his life!" I warned them.

When they heard my threat, the holy knights instantly stilled, staring at the situation before them with wide eyes.

None of them dared to make a move.

"If you come after us, I won't hesitate to kill him!" I threatened as I dragged the cocoon onto the unicorn with me and left the scene. They could do nothing but watch us leave from under their very noses.

~O~O~O~O~

When I finally reached the meeting place with the cocoon and unicorn in tow, I was greeted with wide eyes and gaping mouths.

"You-you really know how to use magic?" asked Archie, gulping nervously.

"But that's impossible!!" cried Yuna. "How can a priest of the Church of Light use dark magic!"

'How am I to know? I just do.'

"Creus! What have you done?" The leader of the group – Walter – finally pointed out the main problem here.

"Is there a need for you guys to be so loud?"

Seeing things getting out of hand, I maintained my composure as I said nonchalantly, "We took the unicorn out of the city, and now we're going to sell it and share the spoils, right?"

"But what is that?!" Walter gestured at the cocoon I had thrown to the ground. "Sneaking a unicorn and selling it off secretly is one thing, but to kidnap the Frost Knight is a whole other thing!!"

"Oh god, it's the entire Church of Light that we are going up against……" moaned Yuna.

"Release him at once!" Walter ordered angrily.

"Release him?" I sneered. "If I let him go, what will you do if he comes back with an angry horde of holy knights? As long as we have him in our hands, those holy knights chasing after us wouldn't dare do anything to us!"

Walter couldn't say anything in reply. He opened his mouth to try to argue the fact several times, but in the end he couldn't say anything to refute my point and kept quiet.

"Don't worry," I assured them. "We'll release him once we've left those knights behind far enough. We can then leave with the unicorn and go somewhere far away from this place. We'll be alright."

Sure enough, they calmed down at my words, although Walter hesitated before saying apologetically, "I'm sorry, but after we've split the money, I think we should split up and go our separate ways."

My heart gave a heavy thump at that. I looked at the rest – although they, too, looked hesitant, no one spoke up in disagreement…… I looked away and said nonchalantly, "Oh, that's fine. As long as I get my share of the money."

"Of course," Walter nodded in promise.

I nodded back before saying to the rest, "Let's take a break, and we'll discuss where we should go next tomorrow morning."

"Agreed," Walter nodded. "Let's arrange night-guard hours for tonight."

"No need for that, I'll stay up the whole night," I said with a smile. "As you guys already know, I had been sleeping for the past ten days. It'll be even more difficult for me to fall asleep now then to kidnap the Frost Knight again!"

They smiled at that. "Thanks," Walter said to me.

I nodded back.

~O~O~O~O~

"Abandoned once more, eh?......"

I was lying on the ground gazing up into the night sky with the unicorn fast asleep on my left and the giant human cocoon to my right. The rest of the group were scattered all around, fast asleep, their slow and deep breaths echoing throughout the clearing.

'Heh, they may have abandoned me, but they had not thought to guard themselves against me?'

I slowly got up and walked towards them. 'How naïve! If I could subdue even the Frost Knight, what's stopping me from doing the same to them too?'

After all, one person escaping would draw less attention than a whole group of people. Moreover, if I were to leave alone with the unicorn, I would be getting the whole five thousand gold coins instead of only one thousand!

I walked over to Caecilia and crouched down, lifting my hand and…… tucking the edges of her cloak around her.

'Honestly! Kicking your blankets at such an age!'

I shook my head in exasperation and turned around to return to my previous position, when I saw to my surprise an unexpected guest standing there.

That's……

"Red?" I called out softly in surprise.

But, the unicorn's still asleep there! If Red appeared here together with the unicorn at the same time, does that mean that she's not the unicorn? Or could it be that Red would appear whenever the unicorn's asleep? Or, perhaps Red and the unicorn never had anything in common in the first place……

Whilst I was still trying to figure out their relationship, Red had skipped up to me and offered up to me something cradled carefully in her hands. "Big Brother, you dropped this."

A book.

"I dropped this?" I flipped open the book, automatically looking down at the pages…… another unnecessary action I cannot understand. Not like my eyes can help me to 'see' what's written on the pages.

I felt around the elements of the book – wood elements of the book with very faint traces of stone elements interspersed among them, forming 'words'. But such minute traces of stone elements made it hard for me to make them out clearly and it took me a while to see what was written there.

'The Comprehensive Book of the Arts of Necromancy' was what was written on the cover of the book.

"And there's something else," Red continued with an innocent tinkling laugh. "But it's not here. Head in the North East direction and you'll find it."

"What is it?"

Red tilted her head to one side and said, "Pat your chest."

I did as told, patting around my chest, when I suddenly felt an out of sorts feeling…… had it always been empty here? As if something was missing.

Filled with questions, I looked back up, "Red, you have my book and also know where my things are… do you know who I am…? Red?"

I blinked, but could no longer sense Red around. She'd vanished again. What's going on?

"You're awake?" I suddenly asked, but this was no longer addressed at Red, but at the Frost Knight who laid not too far away, his eyes wide open and looking at me.

'If it weren't for the Chains of Darkness gagging him, he'd probably be cursing me to the nine depths of hell,' I thought. Even without my memories I knew that no one would enjoy being trussed up like a turkey.

I walked back and sat down, cheekily patting his head and saying, "No need to worry. As soon as we're far away enough from your holy knights that they can't catch up to us, I'll let you go. So don't bother struggling."

I paused before continuing in a cold voice, "It'll save you a beating."

The Frost Knight merely blinked in response and really didn't struggle. He just laid there looking at me quietly.

All night long, I flipped through the book of Necromancy Arts, trying out a few of the spells on my handily available guinea pig – the Frost Knight.

"… …"

And throughout it all, the Frost Knight kept trying to gather the ice elements to him, but he was still no match for my dispersing abilities.

~O~O~O~O~

And so the next day, we started on our Great Escape. But the first problem of our journey was - how does one transport a human-sized cocoon around?

Caecilia was the first to suggest helpfully, "Yuna can help to boost up my strength so I can carry him!"

'Hmmm… the Frost Knight must be quite good-looking for Caecilia to sacrifice for him so.'

"And how long do you think you can carry him?" I scoffed. "One day? Three days? Or maybe five days? Or perhaps we can think in terms of weeks?"

"Umm…" Caecilia hesitated at this. "Three… no, five! Five days!"

Ah… So the Frost Knight is handsome enough that someone would willingly carry him for five days.

I suddenly got curious. "Caecilia, if it was me, how many days would you carry me?"

Caecila inspected my face carefully before answering, "If I were to consider only your looks, I would carry you for a week, but now that I know your true colours, I'd say……"

"Don't tell me I'd only last a day…?" I asked worriedly.

"No," she refuted me mercilessly. "I'd want to run away from you as far as possible."

"… …"

'Well, at least I have good looks worth seven days of carrying,' I tried to comfort myself. I then looked at the unicorn, before turning to look at the Frost Knight appraisingly. "Oi! Are you a virgin?" I called out.

Everyone's jaws dropped at my question.

The Frost Knight merely glared at me, disdaining to answer me. 'Ooh, to dismiss me so…… Oh yeah! He's still gagged by the chains. My bad.'

I quickly released the chains gagging him and repeated my question. "Alright, you can speak now, so tell me, are you a virgin?"

He continued to glare at me without speaking a word.

"Even if he is, he wouldn't admit it, would he?" Igor tried to diffuse the situation. "To admit to such an embarrassing thing…… Ergh! Creus, not that I'm saying that you being a virgin is embarrassing!" he hurriedly explained.

I shot a glare at him before drawing the popsicle hanging from my waist and holding it to the Frost Knight's neck. "Are you or are you not a virgin? Answer me!"

Even faced with the threat of losing his life, the Frost Knight maintained his silence. Great, now what? Chop his head off for real?

'Should I torture it out of him?' I pondered my options before a thought suddenly struck me and I smiled.

I sheathed the popsicle before lifting the Frost Knight up and throwing him onto the unicorn…… The unicorn didn't even try to evade him.

The sound of sharply drawn breaths echoed throughout the clearing. "…… damn!" whistled Archie.

"Since when were there that many virgin guys over the age of twenty?" muttered Igor.

"I am not a virgin!" I roared in protest.

Archie shrugged while Igor tried to placate me. "Of course, of course. If you say you're not then you're not."

Now that the logistic problem had been solved, we left without wasting another minute and started on our Great Escape. Also known to myself as the Great Boring Journey.

Because I had to pace myself to the rest of the group's speed, the unicorn could only walk at a slow trot. Bored out of my mind with nothing to do, I turned to the human-sized cocoon for some conversation. "Is your name really called Frost?"

The Frost Knight shook his head.

"It isn't? Then what's your real name?" I asked curiously.

He looked at me for a few moments before answering. "Ecilan Frost."

"What a hard name to pronounce," I complained with a frown. 'Ecilan? Who the hell names someone Ecilan?'

"I've never dared to hope that you would pronounce my name correctly," he replied dully.

I blinked at that. "What's that?"

He quieted and covertly looked at the rest of the group from the corners of his eyes before focusing back on me and shaking his head. "Nothing."

"Well then, Ecilan, are there any of the other Twelve Holy Knights running around here?"

I may have asked the question, but in truth I wasn't expecting an honest answer. But it wouldn't matter if he had replied honestly or not as I had my ways of determining if he was lying, and thus getting the answer I want!

"Yes, the Blaze Knight is not too far from here," he nodded.

I was surprised, for Ecilan's heartbeat had remained steady – he wasn't lying! He actually told me that one of the Twelve Holy Knights was around here; and he even told me which one of the Twelve Holy Knights it was!

"Will he come after us?" I asked worriedly.

Ecilan nodded and replied without a shred of doubt: "Yes."

Great, we had a new problem. I frowned as I asked him, "What if I were to use you as a hostage?"

Ecilan frowned lightly at that as he thought it over. "He'll retreat," he finally replied, "but he won't give up. He will never give up."

I smiled mockingly. "How naïve. Do you really believe that your companions would never abandon you?"

He nodded. "The Twelve Holy Knights will never give up on one of the Twelve Holy Knights."

"Is that so?" I said in a quiet chilling tone. "If the opportunity arrives, let's put this faith of yours to the test, shall we? Let's see if he will give up on you when it comes down to a matter of life and death."

"He won't." Ecilan kept his gaze steady as he said confidently, "The Twelve Holy Knights will never give up on one of the Twelve Holy Knights."

I snorted at that. Who would have thought that such an icy personality would turn out to be such a great naive idiot!

By then, we had reached a fork in the road. Everyone stopped and turned to look at Walter.

Walter looked at the road signs, saying "The road to the right leads to Moon Orchid in the North East, while the road to the left leads to the borders of Forgotten Echo. We may have two paths before us but I don't think we really have a choice here."

He looked at Ecilan before sighing and said, "With one kidnapped Frost Knight in tow, it would be suicide for us to step into Forgotten Echo. It'd just be a one stop free pass to the prisons for us."

"Well, but of course!" Yuna glared at me and said coldly, "Forgotten Echo is where the Church of Light is based; everyone would recognise one of the Twelve Holy Knights--"

"Especially the head of the Twelve Holy Knights – The Sun Knight!" Caecilia suddenly cut in with a dreamy smile on her face. "I've heard that the Sun Knight has gleaming golden locks of hair, deep blue eyes the colour of a clear sky, with skin as fair and soft as……"

Caecilia suddenly trailed off and stared at me. Don't tell me she's using me as the base of her Sun Knight fantasy?

I couldn't help saying jealously, "What? Is the Sun Knight a girl? From the sounds of it you're describing great beautiful woman!"

"It's-great beautiful man!" Caecilia instantly woke up from her daze and defended loudly. "And he's a real elegant and beautiful person, unlike you. Even if you have the same golden hair, blue eyes and fair skin, you don't have the aura and bearing!"

"An elegant and beautiful man, huh?" I patted Ecilan's head, purposefully messing up his hair before looking at him in satisfaction and saying, "Isn't he one of the elegant Twelve Holy Knights too? Look at him, all bundled up like a fat round cocoon. In what way does he look elegant? Your Sun Knight is probably not much better than him."

"Don't bully him!" Caecilia cried fiercely, rushing up to comb back Ecilan's hair (and covertly getting a feel of his face at the same time). "And besides, the Frost Knight doesn't need to be elegant; he's the aloof ice prince type! And the Blaze Knight we mentioned earlier is the wild feral type!"

"What, does the Church of Light choose the Twelve Holy Knights based on their looks?" I rolled my eyes. "Or else why would they all happen to be handsome and beautiful guys?"

"It's not like that," Yuna shook her head as she explained wryly. "It's just the fantasizing of the girls; the Twelve Holy Knights aren't necessarily good-looking."

"But- the Frost Knight really is handsome! So not all of them aren't real!" shouted Caecilia. She looked back down at Ecilan and asked, "Right, right? At least the Sun Knight is a super hot guy, right?"

"I don't know what your standards are," he said indifferently.

"He should be better-looking than Creus, right?" she asked anxiously.

He kept quiet for quite some time, but under the torrent of questions from Caecilia he finally relented and said, "More or less the same."

Caecilia frowned at that, while I smirked at her. "You see! Rather than fantasizing about some Sun Knight, you might as well just look at me."

"Well, at least he's more elegant and has greater bearing than you!" she retorted.

Just then, Walter cut through us and walked towards Ecilan with a question. "Why are the Twelve Holy Knights here in such a small backward place? I mean, this is the Church of Chaos' territory."

"We're searching for someone," he replied.

"Who is it?" Walter asked.

Ecilan merely shot a cool look at Walter but didn't reply.

Walter dared not force an answer from him, so he walked away when he saw an answer was not forthcoming.

On the following journey, we continued to make way in our Great Escape, but this time it wasn't as quiet. This time, Caecilia seemed to find everything disagreeable with me and wouldn't stop quarrelling. Archie would keep coming up to me and try to steal a feel or two…… What?! Of course not me!! I meant the popsicle I had hanging at my waist!

And Igor, on the other hand, kept bothering me to show him some other spells I knew.

I thought about it before getting off the unicorn and crouching down on the ground. Feeling around the ground as I probed my senses further down……

'Hmm. There doesn't seem to be any human remains here…… ah! Here's something!'

I removed my hand as pieces of white started poking their way out of the ground.

"Bones?" Caecilia peered at the pile of bones.

I started to carefully control the elements and push dark elements into the bones as I arranged them together. I hope I did it correctly…… but what a pity there weren't any human skeletons down there, 'cause there were plenty of 'examples' of human skeletons around me now to check from.

After arranging them to my satisfaction, I added some more dark elements at the joints of the bones connecting each other as replacement of the long-rotted away ligaments; and then to make it a little cuter, I made flesh and blood and a pair of long ears out of dark elements…… with the end product – a cute black rabbit started hopping around.

"N-necromancy…" Yuna cried weakly. "For some reason, I can't even find the energy in me to scream anymore. Creus, you're looking less and less like a priest of light."

Whilst everyone else were staring at the rabbit with wide disbelieving eyes, Caecilia rushed out - surprisingly unafraid – and scooped the rabbit into her arms. "How cute! Creus, don't let it disappear!"

I shrugged my shoulders. "Okay."

The rest of the group calmed down when they saw how harmless the rabbit stayed in Caecilia's arms; Igor even got excited about it. "Creus, if you can make a rabbit, can you also make a horse? We'd be able to move faster with horses."

"Sure, if you can find me some horse bones."

"Where the hell am I going to get horse bones from……" he rubbed the back of his head embarrassedly.

I shrugged. Without the bones, I couldn't do a thing. About ninety percent of the necromancy spells required bones to work.

"Then could you make a sword of bones for me?" Igor asked again. "In those legends of dragon-slaying, the heroes always make swords from the slain dragon's bones."

"If you can give me a design for the sword, I can make you one."

Archie cut in with sarcasm, "What, this big ol' brute? He can write his letters, sure, but that's about it. You can't expect more from him, much less some fancy design……"

"Enough fooling around, guys. We should move on," Walter called out, reminding everyone that we were still on the run. I got back onto the unicorn and we continued on.

"You shouldn't have used necromancy in front of them."

"What?" I looked down at Ecilan who was laid across the back of the unicorn in front of me. It was him who had spoken just now, albeit in a very low voice.

"What did you say?" I asked him.

But Ecilan only looked at me and kept quiet.

Seeing this, I, too, pretended not to have heard anything and took out the book on necromancy and continued to study it, using the person closest to me to experiment on. Who happened to be the trussed up Ecilan.

"… …"

Hey, you can't blame me for using him as my test subject! He's just so perfect for testing on and oh so convenient too!

No matter how I experimented on him, he would maintain his frozen expression and not a peep would escape from him. Other than his cold stare, he made no other protest and took it all in stride. The crème de la crème of test subjects!

My experiments continued until Caecilia noticed what I was doing to her precious Frost Knight, and together with a similarly angered Yuna (but for more righteous reasons), they each grabbed an ear and twisted, warning me not to bully him again. At the risk of my ears being twisted off, I unwillingly acquiesced and gave up on my experiments and turned to trying out spells which did not require a test subject.

Bone Locater Spell – searches for available bones underground.

Bone Prison – a defensive spell-creates a wall of bones to shield one's self from attack.

Bone Spikes – summons spikes of bones up from the ground to spear enemies.

As I flipped through the book, I found that they were all more or less about using dark elements to control and manipulate bones.

So I flipped to the back of the book for something that didn't have anything to do with bones. And sure enough, the more interesting spells were all in the back, like The Spread of Death – a wide spread offensive attack; hard to shield against and it had a wide range of attack, making it hard to outrun. However it had its down points too – it killed the victim too slowly. It's noted that there had been cases where the victim had yet to die before the caster ran out of power and could no longer hold the spell long enough to finish them off.

But the spell is enough to strip the opponents of their fighting strength, and is extremely effective when faced with large numbers. At least, that's what the book says.

Hohoho! Better learn this one, then! After all, I've got the Frost Knight held captive; there're sure to be hordes of holy knights coming after me sooner or later.

"Don't read it; you shouldn't be learning those things," Ecilan suddenly spoke up.

"Oh?" I raised an eyebrow at him. "And what things should I be learning?"

But again, Ecilan fell silent. Honestly, what's up with this guy!

But seeing as he 'no longer objects', I continued on with my reading.

Hmm… How to summon a Death Knight……


 

Previous                                                                                                             Next

108 comments:

  1. Am I first ?
    Anyway big thx for the chapter, it's the best B-day present ever ! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, stalking this site daily does pay of, even if it comes to the cost of having my teacher yell at me when she finds out I'm not doing waht I'm suposed to do...
    Anyway, I really love Creus with memoryloss, he is just pure awesome!
    Thanks Lealynn for the chapter and please keep up the good work! o(^w^)o

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, Creus is awesome especially the "are you a virgin" and then throwing him at the unicorn. I love how Frost is so sweet and kind to suffer until Creus, course he had been enduring it for years. I just realized that other than Earth and maybe Moon, all the knights are virgins so sad. It's hard for someone from the cold knights to get a date with their false personality.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh and for the last line, I have a feeling either Roland will be showing up soon or he will have a lifelong undead companion to hang out with and eternal sparring partner where he can go all out since they're both dead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think the same too since it said that creus is looking on the way to summon a death knight haha
      can't wait for roland to appear ^^

      Delete
    2. Will really love it if it does.... The Question after all is how will they deliver Sun back if he has no memory and keeps sticking to the others keeping them from telling him who he is... Wonder if it will take all the eleven Holy Knight Captains just to get him back....

      Delete
  5. KYAAA!!! >_< lealynn I love you! I just couldn't stay at one place while I read it! yey! I'm so excited that even the annoying blabbering of my mum sounds like holy blessings! thank you! thank you! thank you! thank you! I'll be waiting for the new chapter with the same enthusiasm and eagerness as the first time! lealynn you're the best! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHOHOO!! NEW CHAPTER! PERFECT WAY TO DISTRACT ME FROM STUDYING FOR MY CHEMISTRY EXAM TOMORROW!!! ALL CAPS!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And from my criminal law test friday yay! xD must...concentrate... ...but...LSK...to...great...for me...to...resist...

      Delete
    2. How did the test go? My chem. exam went much better than I thought it would, so I hope you're as lucky as me.

      Delete
  7. Thanks much Lealynn!
    Waah! I have to read this again.. haha.. I can't stop thinking of the trouble Sun is in when he gets his memory back.. hahahaha..

    Poor Frost!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "How to summon a Death Knight"... Really Yu Wo? I cannot fathom whats the next chapter would be.

    ReplyDelete
  9. *all of the happy* ilu. 8'3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Does anybody else think that Red might be Pink?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. but isn't Pink without a body at the moment? Doesn't she need a lot of time to settle in a semi-permanent body?

      I can't imagine what the next chapter would be! Thanks Lealynn!

      Delete
    2. I'm pretty sure Red and Pink are two different people (if you can call them people).

      Delete
    3. Red is different than Pink.

      *Spoiler* They're both liche

      Delete
    4. But isn't really strange that Red knows Sun sooooo well?
      I think this Red is Pink that casted a spell of oblivion on Sun and she's teaching him necromancy no?

      Delete
    5. Red is not Pink,, And since telling anymore info would be spoiler, just put up with it.

      Delete
    6. red is not pink, but she a liche who will guide sun to be demon king

      Delete
    7. LOL I find it kind of funny how many others have already answered the question at hand, but someone else still has to post additional spoilers

      Delete
  11. Thanks for the new chapter lealynn!!!
    I think I'm gonna cry.. Creus, PLEASE stop torturing Eclain so much. Its depressing... I really do wonder when he will get his memories back, and how he's supposed to clean up the mess of 'I kidnapped the Frost knight and used necromancy'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind the 'I kidnapped the Frost Knight' part. BUT i really care about the the 'used necromancy' part! Five people witnessed the SUN KNIGHT used NECROMANCY!!!! hahaha.. can't wait for that!

      I wonder who's Red? sister of Pink? [[no spoilers please, thanks]]

      Delete
    2. In the summary of the eighth volume, there are two evil necromancer type people. Red and Pink.

      Delete
    3. i am feeling very sad for Ice Knight.
      To be tortured by his own "brother" and being unable to speak honestly to him..
      very sad.

      Delete
    4. I doubt the 'torturing' is that bad though, Frost seems to be fine and the girls only told Sun to 'stop bullying him' haha!

      Delete
    5. I'm sure that Frost can bear what Sun did to him but, it will be troublesome for Sun to ask for sweets in the future, though I think that Frost loves making new recipes which Sun tastes for him? But I do agree that it is sad that he could not tell him that he is ruining the SUN image!!! His teacher will kill him!! For losing the necklace and if he gets discovered as the Sun knight!!!

      Delete
  12. I love you so much! But I have a lot of exams, so thank you for not letting me study because I MUST read this chapter. Thank you a lot...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope there's at least one more chapter for this month...

      Delete
    2. Not happening. Prolly.

      Delete
    3. Only two days left for the month. Highly unlikely =p

      Delete
  13. Oh, you tease me so Lealynn.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wonder how Roland will explain Creus that he is the Sun Knight whom Creus seemed to like less and less while having the Frost Knight in his vicinity...
    No, wait! How will the Frost Knight react when one of the Holy Knights is summoned as a Death Knight???? xD So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Poor Frost!!!!! knowing but cant say anything, aghsg this was such a greta chapter, i cant wait for more. Glad to hear from you again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much Lealynn!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much for translating! Amazing, hilarious chapter and I look so forward to the next! Hope your exams went well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. For some reason, I really want to know what Creus actually DID to Frost...

    ReplyDelete
  19. The Sun Knight it now studying necromancy! Ha!
    And The Frost Knight is stuck there watching him do all kinds of stuff he isn't usually allowed to do. I loved the part about the holy knights not leaving one of their own. He was directing it towards Creus. It reminded me of one of the side stories.
    And now the secret of Sun's not really a nice guy is out! Ha! He's going to be in trouble when he gets back. I wonder how he gets the title of the "most perfect of the perfect" Sun Knights when it's not even a secret that he's actually a complete fraud. A loyal and amazing fraud of course.
    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you very much it is very appreciated! You're the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. THANK YOU, I WAS WAITING AND SO BORED, I JUST RED ALL MORE THAN TEN TIMES. THANK YOU, FOR THIS NEW CHAPTER, I WILL REALLY WAIT FOR NEXT

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cool!! but i can't help but to think Creus will hate himself when his memory comes back... ... i mean, he was agaoinst learning necromancy in the first place...plus, the guilt from hurting his dear friend Frost :(! and whats worst... showing his true nature in public!!! no more homemade sweets for Creus

    ReplyDelete
  23. AHHHHH thank you so much for updating <333
    I feel soo soo sorry for Frost D: He takes all of Creus' attacks, and even lowered Frenzy when Creus attacked him with the bolt D:

    I wonder how the Church is going to cover up all of Creus' .... bad behavior? xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he lowered his frenzy to achieve his goal... Find Sun... If he didn't he would be stuck chasing after them instead of being stuck close to Creus the entire journey.

      Delete
  24. Oh my Creus is going to have a lot of explaining to do when he gets his memories back! Poor Frost! I have to give him credit on not saying anything and just taking all the abuse from Creus

    And now Blaze and Roland may be on their way too! Hopefully Creus doesn't cause any more damage to his Sun Knight reputation and stops performing Necromancy in front of other people...
    At least Frost does not seem to be holding a grudge so far and seems to understand Sun isn't being "himself" while he is using him as a guinea pig :O
    Hope there is another update soon! I can't wait to see how sun talks his way out of this one!

    ReplyDelete
  25. THANK YOU SOO MUCH !!!!!!

    Aww Creus. Can't wait until after he finds out he's sun knight. Bet he'll be in a state of denial.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I wonder what Creus' teacher will do, when he finds out about Creus using necromancy in public and showing his true nature. Even with amnesia he will show him hell, won't he?

    Thank you for this chapter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, even though he shouldn't be held responsable for his actions due to amnesia, Neo would indeed...show him hell TwT

      Delete
    2. You mean Roland??

      Delete
    3. No, Neo is Sun Knight's teacher. Roland was a former sun knight candidate.

      Delete
    4. Neo will show Sun Hell. Roland is Hell...

      Delete
    5. Ur all wrong, Neo will not show him HELL, he wil "reunite him with the God of Light" ;)

      Delete
    6. Yes, Neo will do that, and then he will do it again, and again, and again...

      mizu-kun

      Delete
  27. Much thanks for all the work.

    ReplyDelete
  28. i like that creus lost his memories, but i can't wait until he remembers everything!!! i'm dying to find out his reaction, and everyone elses!!
    thank you soooo much for the translation!
    this is a great way to start off my summer after finishing my finals!

    ReplyDelete
  29. How to summon a death night. I can see it now, from out of the portal comes The Hell Knight

    ReplyDelete
  30. Congrats on finishing your exams. Thank you for the chapter!

    Eek, Sun is scary when he doesn't have his sword to seal him. I'm impressed with Frost and how he's trying to help Sun without revealing anything.

    ReplyDelete
  31. oh god, Creus is soooo cruel, such a bully
    and Frost too sweet...

    lol, Caecilia would carry Sun for a week, if only he weren't the terrible guy he is

    Frost saying he never expected to hear his name pronounced correcly by Sun, it's painfull, but, what does Sun call him? I meen, he calls Leaf 'Strawberry' or 'Elderberry', what does he call Ecilan?

    thanks for the translation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, every time he's spoken about Ecilan, he's gotten his name correctly. He's probably only called Frost Frost Knight and not Ecilan. Therefore, Frost came to the conclusion that he would get it wrong.

      Delete
    2. If I remember correctly, Sun actually did not remember Frost's first name when he introduced the Twelve Holy Knights in the beginning of the story. He only thought it was something along the lines of Eclaire. He often misremembers people's name as the names of food stuffs. Take Elmairy (the Leaf Knight), for example. He thought it was somewhere along the lines of Strawberry, which rhymes with Elmairy, but is not quite it.

      Delete
  32. Love this chapter. I do wonder when the dragon will get into it. It may take the gathering of all The Twelve Holy Knights to snap Grisa out of his amnesia. Maybe just Lesus will do. Poor Grisa is being abandoned by people who misunderstand him. Is it just me or do Ice's comment, "The Twelve Holy Knights will never give up on one of the Twelve Holy Knights.", sound ominous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha. Don't worry about the dragon. Remember the intro to the novel?? Slaying the dragon is just an after thought lol.

      Delete
  33. wow! so many people already

    ReplyDelete
  34. So awesome! thanks for the hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I wonder if Ecilan allowed himself to get captured to help Sun. Thanks for the chapter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He probably thought it was another of Creuss' plans...
      That's the ironic part: He trust him so much he won't doubt his judgement even when it actually IS impaired.

      Delete
  36. Ah nooo! Creus is so evil in this chapter! I kinda feel bad for him, he'll end up regretting it later (especially since Frost will probably stop making him snacks after all those experiments).
    Man I just want Judge to show up and scare Creus out of his amnesia. He's such a jerk now.

    But anyway thank you so much for the awesome chapter! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Creus has been evil throughout ALL the chapters... he just didn't show it as much...

      Delete
  37. I feel pretty bad for the people that found Creus, much more than the frost knight. I mean going by Creus's personality (his real personality) I think he might choose the "leave no witnesses approach."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he might consider it, but I don't think he'd actually do it, he's still Creuss after all, he does have a heart of Gold somewhere deep down.

      Delete
    2. Somewhere VERY deep down lol.

      Delete
  38. I wonder, will there a chapter when creus/grisia defend his new group loyally. I hope there such scene since this group only knows the bad part of sun knight

    ReplyDelete
  39. Poor frost knight XD but I really want Sun to get his memories back..he'll be in shock ^^

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hahahaha! Frost is so adorkable. And he's still a virgin! That's kinda surprising....but it makes me fall in love with him even more! >.<
    Oh Creus, u never change. I love reading this KNOWING that frost is the only one who knows who Creus is and then seeing the storyline through two points of view.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I thought Sun couldn't "see" color? Or is Red not red and he just calls it Red?

    Is that sentence to confusing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When he met the little girl in the city, she introduced herself to Creus as Red, so we know it's her name. Sun is blind, so he cannot see color. He can only tell the forms of objects through his Mage Sight ability.

      Delete
    2. Thanx.

      It's been too long since I last read the previous chapters. Totally forgot about her.

      Delete
    3. Wait, I was under the impression that EVERYONE freaks out when a new chappie goes up and (after reading the new chapter) goes back and reads the old ones to refresh memories and waste even MORE time and to have an excuse to reread the new one again.

      Delete
  42. Does judge knight come in this book? Ah, please no spoilers. Just a simple "yes, soon", "no, not in this book", "yes, near the end" or something like that. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As far as i know, he will appear

      Delete
    2. ^.^ That's good to know. I can't express how much I love SunxJudge! I can't wait until he appears.

      Delete
    3. I think it will be the judge knight who will be able to get rid of his amnesia or at least resolve the problem, one way or another. But I would love it if tit becomes necessary for him to leave the Church just because Sun summons the Hell knight to his side!!!! All of them will be exposed to the group with Sun now.

      Delete
  43. Finally I can put a comment..............
    Thanks for the translation................

    ReplyDelete
  44. thanks for the translation.. i've been waiting.. it feels like a miracle.. thank you very much for your hard work

    ReplyDelete
  45. I wonder what would happen if creus suddenly meet his teacher.
    Would neo kill him for not being elegant ?

    ReplyDelete
  46. Thank you soooo muchhhhhh! *I feel like I want to kiss u n hug u right now!* (don't worry,, I'm not a weirdo or somethin' ^^ I'm just so happy after a long, long time boredom in my room (well, I already finished my national exams last month, and it's been holiday since then, and still will be until next month..) I can 'meet' with my dear Creus again!!)

    ohh, and I miss Judge too.. :(

    ReplyDelete
  47. thank you for the translations -u-

    ReplyDelete
  48. Thank you for the new chapter!! :D
    I'm amazed that Creus would -dare- use "The Frost Knight" as a test subject--come on, even in his amnesiac state isn't he afraid that Frost would take revenge or something? Maybe even if he is an amnesiac, he subconsciously knows that Frost wouldn't.. I wonder how Blaze would react once he sees Creus. He is afterall, his most ardent supporter :D

    ReplyDelete
  49. *sigh*
    Apparently, Frost seems to be thinking that this is one of Creuss' usual shemes instead of clearing up the situation - to think that his own genius and the trust his friends have in him of all things would come to bite him in the ass.
    It is, of course, tragic that Sun doesn#t recognize he just made a spike cocoon of one of his best friends.
    but yeah, that's gonna be tough when he gets his memory back - not only will he have to deal with the guilt of having beaten up his friends (Blaze probably wouldn't have a chance, but Judge or Roland are definitely in the worthy oponent territory - those are gonna be cool fights) but he'll be forced to chose between a life where he's free to be his true self and get appreciated for his multiple talents, and his buddies...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm more like everyone is afraid of him... his temporary "friends" are eager to get away from him.
      Plus, he cares for his holy knights, so no doubt he will choose them over anything in the end.
      About Frost, I believe he doesn't want to get things more complicated revealing the truth. so that way he protects Sun from himself (to avoid damage in the sun knight image and the other knights, worst case scenario)

      Delete
  50. Creus is sooo dead once he regains his memories. Hahahahahaha! Thanks for the chapter! Your efforts have been appreciated a hundredfold!! Thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  51. it must pain frost knight to see creus get more and more corrupted with dark magic...

    ReplyDelete
  52. I agree with the comments above me. Creus you are definitely sooooooo dead!

    ReplyDelete
  53. "I sheathed the popsicle before lifting the Frost Knight up and throwing him onto the unicorn…… The unicorn didn't even try to evade him."

    The idea of this made me laugh. It's like Sun actually has upper arm strength :'D

    "All night long, I flipped through the book of Necromancy Arts, trying out a few of the spells on my handily available guinea pig – the Frost Knight."

    This. deserves. fanart.
    http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s404/Chiiruta/frostsunsketch.png
    ^ Don't know if Judge is jealous or dismayed that his prediction from a previous chapter came true lol<3 FrostxSun ftw!

    And thanks so much Lealynn for your awesome translations! You probably get all sorts of acknowledgments from your fans, but I really wanted to say that, honestly, your LSK tranlations are probably the absolute. best. out there. The way that you write is just so refreshing, and true to the style that Yu Wo writes in - even when compared to the PrinceRevolution site, and while their translations don't lack sophistication, their use of the English language never quite portrays Yu Wo's humor the way you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! Did u draw that fanart? Personally would've loved to see it in the novel character designs though, somehow I think of the manhua (manga..?) and novel as two separate things haha!

      Delete
    2. Yes I did! :o & I agree that the novel's artist probably stayed true to Yu Wo's intention for the characters for LSK, but Os Rabbit Cat's designs do have a certain charm of their own.

      In this situation, I picked the manhua's version of the characters because I liked Frost(Ice)'s design better (though I don't care for Sun's ... er.. dress-smock-rufflywhitecloakthingwithroses). It was a hard decision, so forgive me >.<;

      :o Maybe for future fanart I'll stick to the novel's designs? idk

      Delete
    3. Haha! Regardless of which design you used, I liked ur drawing! =) I hope I didn't come across as demanding you to draw in novel designs though =p Just follow whatever your artistic mind shows u in the future too haha!

      I can see why you'd prefer the manhua version of Frost though, novel version seems rather plain in comparison huh =o though I seriously can't stand Sun's design in the manhua even up to now.. too girly for me! ><

      Delete
  54. LOL creus is awesome with memory loss no rules to hold him down super bad ass :D

    ReplyDelete
  55. hahah I had so much fun seeing sun making fun of himself without knowing it! I agree he will have hell to pay once he regains his memories

    ReplyDelete
  56. I now have a whole new respect for Ie- I just want to give him a hug for putting up with all of that T^T

    ReplyDelete
  57. What does any of this have to do with "gathering minions"? Couldn't it be titled "practice magic" or something that fits better?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing it's foreshadowing something that's going to happen later on in the novel =D

      Delete
  58. *celebrates*

    So glad to see Sun Knight is back! Ecilan is great for being so stoic, but you'd think he'd realize that Creus isn't himself. Literally. And oh boy, Death Knight summoning? This can only end one way...

    ReplyDelete
  59. great! now my habit (stalking this page) continues XD

    ReplyDelete
  60. Thank you so much for the translations!!!!!!! :D<3

    But people, please can we refrain from posting spoilers???? It really ruins the plot for those of us who haven't read it. T^T

    Anyway, I was really surprised when Creus didn't backstab his party and abandon them in the night! I was completed trolled. It just shows how loyal he is to the people he considers his companions. I really hope Creus didn't use any unforgivable spells on ''Mama' Frost. I have a feeling he's going to hate himself more than Eclian's going to be angry.

    I don't understand why Frost is keeping his silence. Maybe a directive from Judgement? I also didn't understand why he let down his Fury. It was a big gamble if he thought Creus would take him hostage.


    I'm loving the unicorn shenanigans. It's seriously funny that Creus is so jealous of the 'Sun Knight'. Love love love this novel. Thank you for the translations!!!! Oh and I'm completely mind-blown at how good Creus is at magic. I never imagined he'd be amazing to this extent, though there was plenty of foreshadowing. Pink had a good eye for choosing apprentices. :)

    ReplyDelete
  61. I hope judge comes in soon! KYAAAA!!!! I just love SunXJudge so much, even though I normally don't ship BL pairings.... But they suit each other soooooo much!
    Thank you loads for the translation! Reading this really makes my day. >.<

    ReplyDelete
  62. Hahahaha! Creus goes, "Are you a virgin?" then he tosses Ecilan on the unicorn XD He's too funny!~

    ReplyDelete

Good Warm Faction

Good Warm Faction